RECON is the first fin developed by ZEAGLE, remastering old design with innovative technology capable of providing industry-leading thrust and control for all types of alternative kicking styles.
Zeagle has created an exceptional technical fin combining advanced performance technology with a functional design engineered for alternate kicking styles. RECON was developed and tested for optimal responsiveness and stability for technical dives.
The Zeagle R&D team committed to creating a new standard with its first fin and set out to completely rethink fit and form. The result of extensive research and testing was a durable natural rubber fin that’s designed to take care of everything, so the diver can focus on exploring.
“We wanted to produce a fin that was uncomplicated in design but as technical as you can get,” says Brand Manager, Bruce Sparks. “We’ve achieved this with Recon, combining the latest aquadynamic technology with a tough and minimalist form.”
The Zeagle RECON Fin is now shipping and available at your local retailer.
ABOUT RECON CONSTRUCTION
- Integrated strakes; four on the bottom to contain higher volumes of water for increased thrust for alternate kicking styles and reduced turbulence for a stable flutter kick.
- Optimum 25-degree angle between foot pocket and blade for greater thrust during flutter kick, and stability during alternative kick strokes.
- Two generous side rails use material thickness and geometry to provide more elastic response in areas where greater flex and snapback is needed.
- Built from premium natural rubber that is compression molded to deliver different durometers varying rigidity and suppleness for optimal performance across the entire fin.
- A simple buckle system using a single screw and self-locking nut allows the diver to adjust the strap length up to 2” (5 cm) to accommodate various wetsuit and drysuit boots.
When our founder applied his passion for skydiving to his newfound fascination with scuba diving, he didn’t just set out to design better gear, he was impassioned to design gear better. He immediately attracted attention for his innovative Buoyancy Compensators, and his skydiving-inspired Ripcord System® is still the most trustworthy and practical solution.
Nearly three decades later, we continue to scrutinize every stitch, every material, every solution, in our ceaseless dedication to making the best equipment in the world.
For more information on Zeagle, please visit www.zeagle.com