Want a chance to help develop innovative products with an exceptional outdoor brand?
Join our Team!
Johnson Outdoors Diving, home to SCUBAPRO, a global market leader in innovative diving products, creates amazing outdoor experiences. For over 50 years, our exceptional gear has given people the opportunity to explore the amazing underwater world.
Check us out at www.scubapro.com or find us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube.
As our Product Manager, you will oversee the new product process for thermal wear, branded clothing, soft goods, accessories, and buoyancy compensator devices. You will also have the opportunity to help determine the next innovations in diving by providing input into product development and design, innovation strategy, and product launches as a key member of a global cross-functional team.
If you have a passion for product, a desire to innovate, and a collaborative style, get in touch with us today!
Email us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
What you will do:
- Execute product development plans to ensure quality on-time and on-budget results.
- Manage relationships with strategic partners, including external vendors. Provide direction to vendors on prototype manufacturing, and conduct vendor inspections and training to enhance production processes.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Marketing to ensure products are designed based on our brand strategy, design specifications, and product plans.
- Supervise, guide, and develop Product Development team members.
- Provide insights into the product plan, product concepts, innovation plans, and launch plans based on consumer insights and research. Collaborate with Marketing to provide input to effectively target consumers and maximize market share, profitability and brand success.
- Conduct research and analysis to provide product innovation and improvement recommendations. Research subjects will include competitor products, target markets, consumers, sales channels, our existing portfolio, available technologies and partners, and product P&L.
- Acts as a liaison between engineering and operations to advise and guide on technical capabilities, requirements or improvements.
- Collaborates with R&D centers and product managers from other product categories to identify and develop cross-category platforms and products.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, business administration, or equivalent.
- 7 years of product development experience, including executing product development and R&D strategies, preferably within a global consumer goods environment.
- A technical background, with the ability to think strategically, understand market dynamics and consumer insights, and leverage them to effectively implement product plans.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and the ability to make sound recommendations based on business data.
- Understanding of product margins/financials.
- Experience and willingness to collaborate with and influence internal and external partners, including a willingness to work outside of regular business hours to collaborate with partners across the globe.
- Experience working with and procuring vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Knowledge of brand and business management basics, product positioning, budgeting and packaging.
- Willingness to travel occasionally, both domestically and internationally.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in creating, procuring and managing sportswear or apparel, particularly with a diving, surfing, or marine sports brand is highly desired.
- Scuba Diving experience or desire to learn is a plus.
A few pointers about our culture:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovation are in our bones! We authentically innovate trusted equipment that gets people out there.
- We are laser-focused on our consumers, and passionate about inspiring people to actively engage with the amazing awe of the outdoors again and again.
- We strive to create meaningful, healthy change in the world as individuals and as a family of brands.
- We value team members who are willing to wear many hats; who take personal initiative, anticipating what needs to be done, and figuring things out to make them happen; but who are also willing to ask for help, to assist others, and work together.
What you will receive:
- Find your work/life balance with generous holiday and vacation benefits, health insurance and wellness plans.
- Share in the company’s success with our cash profit sharing and employee stock purchase plans.
- Further your career with training opportunities including our tuition assistance program.
- Plan for your future with our 401k with company match and deferred retirement contributions, Sons & Daughters Scholarship program, life and long-term disability insurance, and more.
- Learn to dive. Always wanted to try scuba diving, but never had the chance? We’ll pay for your open water certification.
No phone calls please.
Johnson Outdoors Diving LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pre-employment drug test and background check required.