PADI Miniseminars at the 2017 DEMA Show in Orlando, Florida, USA, are an opportunity for dive professionals to level-up their training, learn how to increase certifications and explore new options for going paperless. PADI Professionals who attend miniseminars, offered from 1-3 November, may also earn credit toward regaining Teaching status or achieving a higher PADI Instructor rating.
All PADI Miniseminars are offered free of charge. Most are held at the Orange County Convention Center, however, tec seminars will be at the Tec Resource Center (Booth 2542). Refer to the complete 2017 PADI Miniseminar schedule for details, but here are some highlights:
Master Online Tools
- PADI’s Paperless Registration Process: Learn how to register student divers using PADI digital forms and My PADI Club™. You’ll also get a sneak peek into the next phase of PADI’s optimized digital products.
- New Trends in Social Media: This miniseminar will get you up to speed on how to use the latest digital tools such as virtual reality, 360 videos and Facebook Live to reach new divers.
- Leveraging My PADI Club: What is My PADI Club? What’s in it for you? Learn more about this engaging new program.
Grow Your Business and Attract New Customers
- PADI Swim School: Earn additional income teaching swimming while raising awareness about your business in the community.
- PADI Freediver™: Learn how to become a PADI Freediver Center, Instructor or Instructor Trainer and reach new customers.
- Marketing Strategies for Chinese Consumers: More than one in 10 international tourists are from China. Learn how to attract Chinese consumers to your business.
- Intro to Rebreathers: Interested in diving a rebreather but don’t know where to start? Attend this informational seminar at the Tec Resource Center (Booth 2542)
- What It Takes to Become a PADI Course Director: Do you have what it takes to earn the ultimate PADI Professional rating? Learn about prerequisites, application procedures and acceptance protocols.
- Tips to Increase Diver Conversions: How do your conversion rates – from Discover Scuba® Diving to Open Water Diver, and Open Water Diver to Advanced Open Water Diver – compare to others? Learn how to strategically link courses to increase continuing education certifications.
- Successful Conversion Tactics for Resorts: Discover how small changes can increase conversions.
- PADI Adaptive Techniques Specialty: Learn about PADI’s newest specialty course designed to enhance your teaching and supervision techniques to meet the needs of all student divers.
- Align your Business with PADI’s Four Pillars of Change: Appeal to new markets while supporting your local community and protecting our ocean planet.
- Build a Better Future for Sharks and Rays: Discover how to use tourism to help conserve and protect sharks and rays with Project AWARE®.
Take Control of Your Reputation
- Managing Your Online Presence: Learn how to embrace and even leverage reviews on Facebook, Google, TripAdvisor, Yelp and My PADI Club to grow your business.
- Top 10 Quality Management Complaints: Hear about the top complaints that may or may not be quality assurance issues but which still create headaches.
Risk Management – Are You Prepared?
- Risk Management 2017: Test your knowledge and learn about managing risk during dive training and day-to-day operations through analysis of real-life dive incidents.
- The Devil is in the Details: Based on last year’s popular “The Mathematics of Diver Risk,” dive into the who, what and when of poor decisions, their consequences and what you can do about them.
View the complete list of PADI Programs at the DEMA Show on the PADI Pros’ Site.
Time is Running Out to Reserve Your Room
Maximize your time at the 2017 DEMA Show by staying at he Rosen Centre Hotel – just steps away from the Orange County Convention Center. Book through PADI Travel Network to receive the special room rate of $189 US per night (plus tax and resort fee). You’ll receive complimentary parking, internet and access to the hotel’s fitness center.
PADI programs such as Course Director Update, Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer and the PADI Social will take place in the Rosen Centre Hotel, so you’ll be at the center of the action.
Contact PADI Travel Network at 800 729 7234 ext. 2539 (US and Canada) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your room today.
Be Best. Be PADI℠. The Way the World Learns to Dive®