Amy Slate’s Amoray Dive Resort in Key Largo, FL has an opening for an Assistant
Resort Manager with potential for General Manager. Amoray is a 31 unit property with 2 dive boats. We also offer scuba instruction courses, certifications, and a large percentage of our guests are avid scuba divers.
This job requires you to direct, supervise and provide leadership for the resort operations team, in conjunction with revenue management efforts to achieve the highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality service and compliance with Amy Slate’s Amoray Dive Resort policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. In addition to the following duties and responsibilities, other duties may be assigned: The Assistant Manager is responsible for training, development and auditing of the front office team, implementing packages and promotions, training associates, and encouraging up-selling.
- Sell and book dive instruction and packages ensuring the paperwork is up to PADI standards
- Manage the Human Resource operation in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
- Implement Amoray Dive Resort programs and manage the front office operations to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guests.
- Assist with group rooming lists and requests. Manage room blocks to effectively maximize revenue and occupancy for the Resort. Monitor and prepare group requirements and relay necessary information to affected individuals, including captain’s and instructors. Audit reservations entered and verify accuracy of reservations.
- Ensure room assignments and special requests are handled. Resolve Guest complaints; anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, and business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality assurance.
- Order all supplies and maintain inventory control minimizing unnecessary expenses.
QUALIFICATIONS. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- General resort background and preferably knowledge of scuba diving is preferred.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional work area.
- Must possess a mastery of guest service, organizational, and motivational skills. Computer skills preferred to include: Rezo, Windows, MS Office, and Excel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE. An Associate degree in Hospitality/Tourism from an accredited institution and/or a minimum of three years management experience in the Front Office of a hotel, and/or resort is required. Must be willing to complete open water scuba certification course.
LANGUAGE. Must be able to read, listen and communicate effectively in English. Spanish desirable. REASONING ABILITY Must have a high level of patience to work in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a sense of order.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sample physical requirements might include: Must be able to carry up to 25 pounds Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to type and talk on telephone for long periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Sample work conditions might be: Works in outside weather conditions checking rooms Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to work in a constantly changing environment. Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management must reserve the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.
Hotel is open 365 days a year. Hotel manager must be available for holidays (time off is permitted). Office hours are SUN-THUR 7:30am – 9:00pm and FRI-SAT 7:30am – 10:00pm. Must be available for any scheduled shifts within those hours.
Check out our web site at www.amoray.com