DAN Risk Retention Group (DAN RRG), a wholly owned subsidiary of Divers Alert Network® (DAN®), is pleased to announce its Professional Liability offering for the 2017-18 program year. Beginning July 1, 2017, DAN’s liability program will be available to all dive professionals and dive businesses. Our goal is to make DAN your first choice for professional liability protection.
Drawing on its expertise in dive accident management and the strength of its other insurance programs DAN has developed the program to make it the best in the industry. With litigation on the rise comprehensive liability protection is critical to a safe and sustainable business. Policies are available for dive professionals at every level – Instructors, Divemasters, Free Diving and Swimming Instructors, those in training, and those who have retired. Additionally, all DAN Professional Liability programs are backed by two of the largest reinsurance companies in the world – Lloyds of London and Gen Re, ensuring the security and long-term viability of the program.
Based on our experience, and feedback from DAN members and the dive community, DAN is pleased to announce the following:
- Lower Premiums – Effective for the 2017-18 program year, the cost of individual Professional Liability insurance for instructors is $649 for DAN members ($681 for non-DAN members) and $379 for divemasters who are members of DAN ($398 for non-DAN members).
- Online Enrollment – To expedite the application process and get coverage in place at the earliest possible time, dive professionals can complete and submit their application online. Once the application is approved, all supporting documents related to a member’s Professional Liability policy are available 24/7 through the member’s DAN account.
- Unlimited Defense Costs – To ensure that policyholders receive the full benefit of their policy limits, the DAN RRG policy can be purchased with a rider which provides unlimited defense costs and removes these costs from the aggregate limit. This means you get the full benefit of the minimum coverage of $1 million per event, $2 million aggregate for bodily injury and property damage.
- Rebreather Training – Available at no additional cost to protect professionals who provide all levels of instruction.
- Risk Mitigation – No one plans to have an accident, but there are numerous programs available from DAN to mitigate your risk. When you enroll as a DAN Professional Member you gain access to all DAN health and safety resources, including our new Prepared Diver Program and Student Medical Expense Coverage. Provided at no cost, these programs are designed to make diving safer and provide insurance coverage for students should an accident occur.
“We are extremely pleased to offer our Professional Liability Program to all dive professionals as we continue to provide sustainable, reliable, and cost-effective solutions for the dive industry’s liability needs”, said Bill Ziefle, President and CEO of DAN. “Our risk mitigation and insurance programs make it easier and more cost effective for instructors to protect themselves from threat and allow them to focus on improving diver safety and working towards the DAN Mission of making every dive safe.”
About DAN: DAN is the world’s most recognized and well respected dive safety organization, with more than 35 years of commitment to the safety and wellbeing of divers. DAN’s research, medical services programs and global response initiatives have created an extensive network capable of providing divers around the world with vital services – from the prevention of accidents through safety programs and education to the facilitation of lifesaving evacuations. To learn more or to become a DAN member, visit DAN.org.