For nearly 40 years dive operators and professionals have trusted DAN to protect their divers. Now, they can also trust DAN to protect their livelihoods. DAN now offers liability insurance coverage for dive businesses and dive professionals of all levels.
President and CEO Bill Ziefle to Present Championing Dive Safety to Manage Risk
If you operate a dive business, conduct dive training or lead divers, it pays to be informed before you renew your liability policy. That’s why DAN is offering Championing Dive Safety to Manage Risk, a special webinar led by DAN President and CEO Bill Ziefle, to share insights about your responsibilities and legal obligations to your divers, risk mitigation tools to help protect all parties and liability coverage misconceptions and realities. During the session you will also get a closer look at DAN Liability Insurance programs.
This interactive webinar is open to all dive operators and professionals at no charge and will be offered on the following dates:
- Tuesday, April 24th – 5:00-6:00 PM ET
- Wednesday, May 16th – 11:00 AM-12:00 PM ET
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions at the end of the presentation. Learn more and reserve your space now.
When considering general, professional or group liability insurance, consider these five reasons to choose DAN:
1. We Are Champions of Safety. Our vision is to make every dive accident- and injury-free, so we make sure divers, dive operations and professionals have access to resources to help prevent incidents, manage injuries and save lives.
2. We Are Best in Service. We understand the importance of quality customer service. To support dive businesses and professionals, we have a team of liability insurance experts ready to answer your questions and provide support.
3. We Are Risk-Averse. DAN’s focus is risk mitigation, and that includes a comprehensive strategy to address the hazards and reduce the liabilities associated with teaching and supervising diving.
4. We Are Nonpartisan. Our allegiance is to dive safety and the diving community at large. No matter which training agency you support, we support you.
5. We Know How to Protect You. For nearly four decades, DAN has provided accident insurance and emergency support to divers. Our experience gives us first-hand knowledge of what can and does go wrong, making us uniquely qualified to serve dive leaders and dive operators.
DAN Liability Insurance is backed by Lloyds of London and Gen Re. It offers competitive rates, and DAN members enjoy additional savings. When you choose DAN, you also help support the organization’s ongoing efforts to reduce dive injuries as well as improve first response and medical treatment. This program is 100 percent DAN-owned, and any profits will be reinvested in ongoing dive safety initiatives and medical research.
Don’t miss DAN’s special webinar, Championing Dive Safety to Manage Risk. Space is limited — RSVP today. This is your opportunity to ask questions, get answers and take control to protect your livelihood.
Together We Are Champions of Dive Safety.
About Bill Ziefle: An avid diver, William Ziefle has been closely involved with DAN for nearly 30 years. Initially serving the organization as a volunteer, then later as a board member, he established new governing documents for DAN and its subsidiaries, leading the way for DAN to become a more transparent and tax-efficient 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Prior to joining DAN full time as CEO and President in 2010, he practiced law in Texas and Louisiana, having earned his law degree in 1976 and his MBA in 2001. Ziefle’s background as an attorney combined with his firsthand knowledge and in-depth understanding of risks and injuries involving divers make him uniquely qualified to speak about general and professional liability and risk mitigation.