Designed, engineered, and manufactured in Japan, SEA&SEA’s latest mirrorless housing, the MDX-a7II for Sony Alpha a7II, is unmatched in its class.
The ergonomical and full-featured MDX-a7II housing allows for operation of the Sony Alpha a7II camera’s essential controls in a low profile design. Using the newly developed ML-NX Conversion Ring 30, the MDX-a7II housing is compatible with all of SEA&SEA’s premier NX ports in addition to the popular ML Ports.
The MDX-a7II housing accommodates SEA&SEA’s exclusive Internal Optical YS-Converter, which eliminates the need for a Sync Cord system. The converter works via the hot shoe to trigger the strobe when the camera’s shutter is activated, converting the TTL signal to a light signal. This Fiber Optic system allows for rapid strobe firing, reduced recycle time, and eliminates possible leak points that occur on traditional bulkheads.
- Optical YS-Converter compatible
- Ergonomically re-designed levers
- Diopter adjustment dial
- Luminescent buttons
- Movable Focus and Zoom gear
- 10O LCD tilt allowance
- Compatible with all SEA&SEA NX Ports
- Two (2) fiber-optic cable sockets
- One (1) N-Type (2-pin) connector and one (1) HDMI accessory port
- Two (2) sacrificial zinc diodes (front and rear)
- Compatible with optional VF45 and VF180 view finders
- Built-in leak detector sensor
- Body: Corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)
- Grip: Corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy
- Depth rating: 100m / 330ft
- Dimension (WxHxD): 325x160x104mm / 12.8×6.3×4.1inch
- Weight: Approx. 2,250g / 79.4oz (housing only), 1,860g / 65.6oz (without grips)
- Compatible Accessories: SEA&SEA Strobes, Sea Arm 8, and Fiber-Optic Cable II
Available Early May 2015
MDX-a7II (SS-06176): MAP $2,895.95